Sleep is everything or I am nothing!!
6/8/2017 1:20 PM
1) Try and go to bed at the same time each night.
2) Avoid naps or sleeping in late.
3) Make sure room is the right temperature...use blankets or fans as needed.
4) Avoid caffeine (including chocolate!) at least 4 hours before bedtime.
5) Avoid alcohol (it doesn't help..it actually wakes you up as it wears off around 2 am!)
6) Your bed (and bedroom) are for sleep and sex only!! Think sanctuary and zen spa.
7) No electronics including TV, computer, phone should be on while going to sleep.
8) Keep room as dark as possible (remember, not light of the cell phone screen!)
9) Try relaxation stretches or meditation before bed.
10) Regular exercise helps improve sleep.
11) Watch the spicy, salty, high fat foods especially at night.